Kindergarten registration dates
Thursday, February 9, 2017
The Business Services Department is responsible for all financial and business activity employed in the operation of the school system. This includes budgetary and financial accounting, budget preparation and oversight, budget forecasting, grant administration, payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, billing and building accommodation planning and coordination with the Connecticut State Department of Education. This office is also responsible for administering employee benefits along with many state and federal compliance requirements.
The Payroll Department handles over 1,000 active employees including certified and non-certified staff, substitutes, tutors, coaches and systemwide employees. Payments must also be made for such payroll-associated costs as state teacher's retirement, Wallingford municipal employees' retirement, union dues, tax shelter annuities, and other deductions.
The district uses the Tyler-Munis financial software to process payroll, purchase orders, pay vendors, and record budget transactions. The Business Office will process, record and track approximately 30 million dollars in payments this year.
The Copy Center is responsible for all copying and production needs for the entire school system. It’s an efficient online system saving teachers valuable time. We process over 9,000,000 copies yearly.Services provided by the Copy Center:
• The Business Office of the Wallingford Public Schools is the ONLY department authorized to issue purchase orders for the procurement of goods and services.
• Vendors and contractors MUST have a PURCHASE ORDER signed by the district’s business official and the superintendent prior to providing goods and services.
• The Wallingford Public Schools will not be obligated to pay for goods and services that do not follow this process. Therefore, vendors and contractors should not accept call-in orders or faxed orders.
• The Wallingford Public Schools are required to go out to bid for non-instructional goods and services that exceed $7,500. Contact the Town of Wallingford Purchasing Department for information on bids – 203-294-2115.
• Vendors may participate in a new program with Bank of America and the Wallingford Public School System to electronically accept payment on VISA.
Please remit all invoices to:
Wallingford Public Schools
Accounts Payable Department
100 South Turnpike Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
Please direct inquiries to:
Tina Cox 203-949-6516
Lisa Hoffheins 203-949-6517
Thank you for your cooperation.
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Monday, February 13, 2017 – 6 pm – Board of Education Conference Room
Budget Consensus of Board of Education
Monday, February 27, 2017 – 7 pm – Town Council Chambers
Board of Education Meeting – Official 2017-18 Budget Approved to be Sent to Mayor
All of these meeting are open to the public. As we progress through the process, I will post all PowerPoint presentations and documents for your information to our website.