School Registration Forms
- Student registration form (English, Spanish)
- Parent questionnaire (English, Spanish)- (Incoming Kindergarten Students Only)
- Verification of residency (English, Spanish)
For information about the Preschool Program, click here.
Kindergarten Registration Information
- Kindergarten registration flyer (English, Spanish)
- Preschool Provider Survey (This form should be filled out by your Preschool/Daycare Center. They will return it to your child's school.)
If you need support to register your child, please contact the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum at 203-949-6500. If you have any questions, please call the school in your neighborhood.
By Connecticut law (Section 10-184 of the Connecticut General Statues), parents may choose not to send their children who are ages five or six to kindergarten. However, the law requires that parents who choose to withhold their children from formal education must sign an option form indicating that the children will not be attending school. The law further requires that the parent(s) or guardian(s) must appear in person at the school district office to sign the option form and must do so when the child is five years old and again when the child is six years old.
Therefore, parents of five and six year olds residing in Wallingford who will not be attending school should go to The Office of the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction at the Wallingford Board of Education located at 100 South Turnpike Road to sign the option form. Appointments are not necessary for this, and the office hours at the Board of Education are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Note: Birth certificates presented during registration MUST be the long form not the wallet size.
Proof of Residency is required to register your child for PreK and Kindergarten. The district accepts any one of the following as proof of residency:
- Deed to home or dated rental agreement showing student(s) name
- Escrow papers or signed mortgage commitment
- Current utility bill or telephone bill (not a cell phone bill)
- Notarized letter from landlord or owner acknowledging parent/guardian's and student's residence
For more information, contact the Curriculum Office, Wallingford Public Schools, 949-6500.