**SCHOOLWORK IS THE 1ST PRIORITY FOR ALL ATHLETES**
BASKETBALL IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR ANY MISSING ASSIGNMENTS
- Please shoot, dribble, and play on the weekends during the season.
- Players should be prepared to run. Basketball involves a lot of running!!!
- Dehydration can be dangerous. Be sure to drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Players should drink water frequently during practices and games.
- All injuries must be reported to the coach.
- Please Do Not hang on the rims or from the nets.
- Players are expected to be at ALL practices & games from Start to Finish.
- Players are to get picked up at the appropriate time after practices & games.
- Believe it or not, teachers and coaches do have lives outside of school.
- Do Not participate in horseplay, rough housing, bullying, or initiations.
- HAVE as much FUN as possible!!!!
- Wear all protective gear, pads, and braces to every Practice & Game.
- Be sure that all stabilizing straps and laces are properly worn and tightened,
and all fasteners secured so equipment is properly positioned.
- High-top basketball sneakers are suggested and should be properly laced.
- Players with visual impairments must wear corrective, shatterproof glasses
or contact lenses if the impairment affects judgment or perception. Glasses
must be mounted in break resistant frames and be held in place by an elastic strap.
- The use of knee pads is recommended.
- Remove all jewelry (rings, earrings, necklaces, etc.) and metal hair clips.
- Show good sportsmanship at all times.
- Only say positive things about their teammates & players on other teams.
- Encourage teammates at practices and during games.
- Be respectful to all adults (parents, teachers, officials & coaches)
- Players will give 100% at all times. Always give your BEST EFFORT.
- HAVE as much FUN as possible!!!!
In the Locker Room
- Keep locker room floors free of litter.
- Place all belongings in your assigned locker.
- Close and lock locker doors when away from your locker.
- NO CELL PHONES ARE TO BE USED IN THE LOCKER ROOM!!!
- Do Not participate in horseplay, rough-housing, bullying, or initiations.
- Players are to bring appropriate basketball equipment daily.
(shorts, t-shirt, reversible jersey, basketball sneakers, sweats, & waterbottle)
- Players will help take out & take in equipment for all practices.
- Players will stretch BEFORE & AFTER practice.
- Players will encourage ALL other teammates during practice.
- Players must attend practices in order to participate in games.
- Practices will be held Monday through Thursday.
- Practices end at 4:30pm. Understand practice times are subject to change.
- Listen to daily announcements to hear when buses will leave for away games.
(All dismissal times will be at 2:25pm unless otherwise noted)
- Players are to bring ALL pieces of their school uniform to each game.
(shorts, home jersey, away jersey, sweats, etc.).
- Players will help take out & take in equipment for all games.
- Players must attend practices in order to participate in the games.
Players who miss practice for any non-school related reason won't play in the next game.
(unless prior approval from the coach has been given)
- Players will cheer on ALL other teammates during the game.
- Players must understand that playing time in games is not guaranteed.
- Players will return to Moran by 5:30pm for all away games.
- ALL GAMES are subject to change.
We certify that we have read, understand, and agree to the above rules,
procedures, guidelines, and responsibilities required for participation
on the Moran Middle School Lady Mustangs Girls' Basketball Team.
Player's Name (Print) Parent's Guardian's Name (Print)
Player's Signature Parent's Guardian's Signature