Gym (Motor Group)
“Learn About Books”(LAB)
My name is Nancy Hennick. I teach in the Integrated Preschool Program at Cook Hill School.This web site has been developed to provide you with information about the program and also about my specific classes.
How to contact me:
- The number of days that your child will attend preschool is determined by the team at the PPT, based upon the needs of your child. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me (or refer to your child's IEP).
- The Morning Class is in session on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday and Fridays from 8:50-11:30
- The Afternoon Class is in session on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 12:30-3:10.
- There is no class on Friday afternoons.
- Typical Peers attend preschool on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, from 8:50-11:30 (AM Session) or from 12:30-3:10 (PM Session).
Arrival and Dismissal Times:
- If you drive your child to school, he/she will be met in the lobby by your teacher or a para (do not bring him/her to the classroom). Your child will be brought to the cubby and on into the classroom.
- If your child comes to a school on a bus, he/she will be brought in to school by an adult.
- If you arrive to school late, go to the preschool office and inform the presschool secretary that your child has arrived. At that point, she will call the classroom and someone from the classroom will come and bring your child to their cubby and to the room.
- You will receive a copy of the classroom schedule. You will also be given a class list and the names of teachers, therapists and para's.
- Snack is a very important part of our day. All children will be given the same snack each day. We rely heavily on your donations, and these can be sent in with your child.
- Items that can be donated include: 1-2 containers of juice, 1-2 food items (crackers, cereal), 1-2 packages of cookies, 1-2 packages of napkins, Kleenex or 5-oz. paper cups and 1-2 rolls of paper towels.Also- FRESH FRUIT is always welcome!
- Additional Items that can be donated include: 2-4 packages of stickers (seasonal, holiday or any variety), Siran Wrap, Wax Paper, Aluminum Foil, baggies and large plastice zip-lock bags.
- Throughout the school year, you will receive snack/classroom notices, as these items are needed. These notices are sent to families on a rotating basis, so as not to be a hardship. Please only donate those items as you are able to.
Attendance, Absenses and Illnesses:
- If your child is sick, DO NOT send him/her to school. If your child exhibits any signs of illness at school, the school nurse willl notify you and ask that youpick your child up from school.
- If your child is going to be absent from school, you need to call the preschool office (284-5410) and/or the bus company(269-4171).
- Backpack:Your child MUST bring a backpack to school on a daily basis. This is necessary in order to transport items to and from school (ex. notices, books, projects, notes).
- Send your child to school in comfortable/ play type clothing. He/she should wear sneakers, for safety as well as comfort. Each child needs to have a spare set of clothing that will be kept at school. Please send in pants. shirt, underwear and socks, with their names on each item. These clothes will be kept in a marked bag, in their cubby.
- We celebrate birthdays in our classroom. We encourage you to send in/bring in a special snack of your choice for that day. Please schedule the day ahead of time with me, so that only one B-Day is celebrated at a time.
- I encourage you to participate in my classroom in whatever way that fits into your schedule. Possibilities include reading to the class and baking for the class.
- If you have any questions/concerns at any time, feel free to ask or call me/e-mail me at any time. Phone messages and e-mails can be left for me, and I do check for any throughout the day. I am usually at school from 7:30 until 4:00/4:30.