Wallingford Public Schools
PowerSchool Parent Portal
THE PARENT PORTAL IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR.
Finding and Logging into portal
- Open your Web browser to http://powerschool.wallingford.k12.ct.us/public. The Log In page appears. Note: The Parent Portal works best with Internet Explorer and Firefox. The above URL is also a Quick Link on the district home page.
- Enter your username in the first field.
- Enter your password in the second field. Note: The characters appear as asterisks (*) to ensure greater security when you log in.
- Click Enter. The PowerSchool Parent Portal start page appears.
Primary features of the portal
After logging into the portal you will find a menu bar at the top of the screen.
Grades and Attendance- Click to view student grades and attendance for the current term.
Grade History- Click to view student grades for the previous term.
Attendance History- Click to view attendance history for the current term.
E-mail notification- Click to set the e-mail notifications you can receive on a regular basis.
Teacher Comments- Click to view any teacher comments.
School Bulletin- Click to view the current school bulletin.
Class Registration- A feature not used at this time
My Calendars- A feature not setup at this time
On the Grades and Attendance tab you will find a list of your child’s classes and the grades for the marking quarters. Anything in blue is a clickable link.
- Click a teacher’s name to e-mail that teacher.
- Click the score in a class to access detailed assignment information.
- If grades for specific assignments are blue links, there is more information included for that assignment.
"Remember that it's just a snapshot in time, it may not be completely up to date. Before you as the parent contact the teacher about a grade or missing item, it might be a good idea to talk it over with your student to make them aware of it. Maybe they can advocate for themselves and try to resolve the issue working with the teacher. We noticed that our son is doing just that since he knows we're watching."
"Be sure you are looking at the correct quarter and also note that when viewing the history it gives you the grade based on the year-to-date information (hence the grade for the quarter could appear different than the history)."
"Parents should know that grades can go up and down frequently and that there could be weighting on assignments."
"Having been the parent who checked the portal more than once a week looking for specific grades on projects/tests -I would advise parents not to expect daily changes in grades - I recommend checking once a week unless student or teacher indicates a project/test grade by a certain date. "