A student's health status is directly related to his or her ability to learn. Children with unmet health needs have a difficult time engaging in the educational process. The school nurse supports student's success by providing healthcare through assessment intervention and follow-up for all children within the school setting. The school nurse addresses the physical, mental, emotional and social health needs of students and supports their achievement in the learning process. The school nurse not only provides for the safety and care of students and staff but also addresses the need for integrating health solutions into the education setting.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child, please reach out your child's school nurse. Contact information can be found here - Click here for your school nurse's name and contact information.
Wallingford has a District Nurse Coordinator, Kathleen Neelon, MS, RN. She may be reached at 203-741-2919 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please see:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- School Nurse Contact Information
- Cardiac Emergency Response Plan
- Ebola Virus Information
- Food Allergy Plan
- Handwashing and Coughing Etiquette
- Immunization Requirements
- HUSKY (Health Insurance) Information
- Lice & Bedbug Information
- Measles Information
- MRSA Fact Sheet
- School Health Office Forms & Procedures
- Tick Information
- What Parents Need to Know About Medication Administration in School
- Zika Virus Information