Beginning in preschool, students in the Wallingford Public Schools take part in health education classes. Below, you will find information about this part of our curriculum.
The Wallingford Public School Health education curriculum is based on national and state standards for health education. Those standards are:
- Comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention
- Demonstrate the ability to access valid health information and health-promoting products and services
- Demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors to reduce health risks
- Analyze the influence of culture, media, technology and other factors on health
- Demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health
- Demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health
- Use the goal-setting process to enhance health
- Demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family and community health
To read about the curriculum standards, click here.