The Wallingford Public School physical education curriculum is based on national and state standards for physical education.
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities
- Value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings
- Achieve and maintain a health enhancing level of physical fitness
- Demonstrate understanding of movement concept, principles, strategies and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities (NASPE #2)
- Participate regularly in physical activity
For the complete curriculum standards, please click here.
Number of Minutes of Physical Education Per Grade
Below is a chart of the number of minutes each student has physical education.
Minutes per Class
How often do classes meet?
How many hours per year?
PreK - K
1 x every 6 days
2 x every 6 days
6 - 8
3x every 7 days
9 - 12
Every other day
One semester each year