The philosophy of the Wallingford Education Enhancement Program/Alternative Program maintains that the primary factor in keeping students in school is the motivation to instill success in the classroom. If the student is able to achieve a degree of academic accomplishment, he or she is likely to develop a more favorable attitude about learning and school in general. More importantly, as a result of these academic experiences, the student will begin to develop a more positive self-image.
We continually seek to encourage student learning and to promote academic success by actively involving students in their classes and various school activities. In essence, the curriculum represents the program's commitment to developing self-esteem, improving interpersonal skills, and instilling a sense of moral and ethical values within the student.
The Wallingford Alternative High School has become a viable option for Lyman Hall and Sheehan high school students within this academic framework and philosophy.
The Education Enhancement Program is a school of choice. Students are selected to apply based upon many variables including student needs, persistence, earnest determination to pursue an educational experience, and the desire to attain a high school diploma.
- Students will be recommended for admission by their respective high school administration and/or selection committee.
- Students will discuss the Alternative Program with their social worker, counselor and administrator.
- Students will file an application signed by the student, parent and principal. All applications must include a transcript.
- An admission interview for both student and parent(s) is required and is held at the EEP/Alternative Program at Sheehan High School.
- Notification of acceptance of students will be made through the EEP director.
- There are 15 students in attendance from Lyman Hall and 15 from Sheehan.
- Doreen Dressel - Lead Teacher - Phone (203) 294-3932 - Email [email protected]
- Sean Caviston - School Psychologist - Phone (203) 294-3937 - Email [email protected]
Year established: 1991
Location: Housed at Mark T. Sheehan High School, 142 Hope Hill Road, Wallingford, CT 06492
Funding: Wallingford Board of Education